Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Hypothetical Interview with an Americorp NCCC Member



"Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be."~Og Mandino

So I've been at AmeriCorp 3 days. But its felt more like 3 days. Since I landed it has been a flurry of meeting people, training, and other general fun things and I have loved every single minute of it. So I've been thinking of ways to make people interested in AmeriCorp NCCC , so I was thinking I would create a generic member and fake interview The following dramatic exchange took place in the battle ground of my head.

Jeff: So you've been at AmeriCorp NCCC for three days, what do you think of it so?

GAM: It's been really great. I've learned a lot about the program and met a lot of great people. Every minute I spend here I'm convinced I made the right decision.

Jeff: So why did you join AmeriCorp NCCC?

GAM:  I joined for a lot of reasons. I wanted to serve my country but didn't want to join the military. I've been lived such a fortunate life and I wanted to give back to those who didn't have that much. The education award was also a big motivator. How many program lets you do awesome things and then gives you money for college. The travel and meeting people was also huge for me. I mean there is only so many things to do and people to meet in the area I was from so the change of pace is great.
Jeff: What do you think the mission of AmeriCorp NCCC is?

GAM: I think the mission of AmeriCorp NCCC is to gather together a group of young Americans who want to help the least in this country. The people here are genuine about their want to help or else they would not be here. It's a genuine example of what a government agency can do when run well and is filled with passionate people. So I guess the overall the mission of AmeriCorp NCCC is to give the future of America (the youth) a chance to build the America they want.

Jeff: Well thank you for sitting down for this interview Generic AmeriCorp NCCC Member. Where should anyone who wants to learn more go?

GAM: If anyone wants to learn more or apply for a position please visit americorp.gov.



No comments:

Post a Comment